Massanutten District Commissioners
Commissioners serve the units of the district to enable them to provide a quality program to our youth through these objectives:
- Supporting unit growth and retention through the journey to excellence.
- Contacting units and capturing in commissioner tools their strengths, needs, and a unit service plan that enables continuing improvement.
- Linking unit needs to district operating committee and other resources.
- Supporting timely unit, district, and council charter renewals.
- Supporting unit leaders by collecting and distributing information, enabling program training, and providing networking opportunities.
Unit service is the key for commissioners. We are always looking for Scouters interested in continuing to serve the youth of our district by supporting our units. If you are interested in joining our commissioner corps, please contact our District Commissioner, Matt Phillippi.
Meetings of the commissioners are held on the third Tuesday of each month at 6 pm at the Harrisonburg Chapter of the B.P.O.E. (482 S. Main St, Harrisonburg). Parking and entrance is on the rear of the building with access via Paul St.
***Per current policies and recommendations, masks are required during indoor meetings regardless of vaccination status.***
Save the date! The 2022 College of Commissioner Science hosted by the Heart of Virginia Council is scheduled for February 12, 2022. Check here for updates.
|Asst. District Commissioner (P41, T46, T72)||Len Aamodt|
|Unit Commissioner (P120, T28)||Dan Dreelin|
|Unit Commissioner (P42, T42, T242)||Neil Lubin|
|Unit Commissioner (T124)||Jim Mannion|
|District Commissioner (P38, T38, T1038)||Matt Phillippi|
|Council Commissioner (P162, T162)||Joe Reisinger|
|Unit Commissioner (T40)||Don Rhodes|