Leadership opportunities abound for adult volunteers
Thanks to the dedication, passion and talent of community leaders, Stonewall Jackson Area Council is able to provide our youth with world-class programs and opportunities for adventure. Our Council’s volunteers are organized into these committees:
- Activities and Civic Service —Responsible for coordinating large Council events and “Good Turns,” including the annual Scouting for Food drive.
- Advancement —Helps leaders understand and apply the advancement program in their local units, and coordinates Eagle Scout Boards of Review.
- Program—Promotes outdoor adventure and opportunites for our youth.
- Camp Properties Committee: The mission of the SJAC Properties Committee is to improve appearance, functionality, sustainability, and value of Camp Shenandoah
- Endowment—The Endowment Committee ensures that there will always be funding available to support Scouting in our area.
- Finance - The Finance Committee analyzes, develops, and executes plans to adequately fund operating, capital, and endowment needs by providing resources and support in the areas of fund development, governance, and good stewardship.
- Marketing and Communication—Helps keep Council members and the community informed about Scouting activities and successes.
- Membership—Helps new and existing units grow and reach underserved youth populations.
- Training—Ensures every Scout has a trained leader, and all leaders have the training they need.
- Venturing Officer's Association - or VOA, consists of a team of youth officers who are supported by advisors. It provides leadership opportunities that prepare young people for their respective futures and gives them a voice to help strengthen the Venturing program.
We are continuing to improve our website and communications. We hope to have pages on our various committees soon!