Apple Harvest 5k FAQ
APPLE HARVEST TRAIL RUN – FAQ’s
- Can I use GPS for directions to Pleasant Grove? Yes- Please use 222 Boyr Scout Ln Swoope VA
- Is there parking at the site? Yes- there will be a parking attendant to direct you when you get on-site. It is about a 5 min walk to the Registration Area/Start-lin. Parking is Free.
- Can I bring my dog? No- we do not allow any dogs at the Race or the camporee.
- Can family members come and watch? Yes- we encourage family members to come and share in the fun!!
- Is there a bag check available during the race? No-there is not any secure location to place items during the race. Please leave them in your car.
- If it rains, will you still have the event? Yes- unless the weather compromises the runner’s safety. Any
change in the race will be e-mailed to the address given at registration.
- Are there toilets on-site? YES- there will be porta-potties located at the Start-Finish line.
- Can I register on-site? No- we currently are not offering this option.
- Is there a minimum age to register for the race? Not really- BUT- we recommend runners/walkers be at least 6 yrs. old.
- If I register for the event and cannot make the race, can you transfer or refund the registration fee? Not at this time. If you ordered a running shirt, we will make every effort to get the shirt to you.
Race Numbers / Packets/ Shirts:
- When can I pick-up my race number and Goody Bag? The morning of the race or after. If you do not claim your items a pick up will be arranged.
- I ordered a running shirt- when can I pick it up? Race shirts will be only at the Registration Area the day of the race. You can get it before or after the start of the race.
- If I forgot to order a running shirt- can I but one on-site? No- we do not order any extra shirts.
• What is the course like? The course is on gravel or paved road this year.
- Is there water available on the race course? No- water is available at the Start-Finish line before and after the race.
- Can I wear a headset to listen to music? No- you will need all of your attention to the course and other runners.
- Can I push a stroller? Yes!
- How will I know my running time? There is a large timer at the Start-Finish line. Be sure to look at it as you cross the finish line. Please be sure to finish through the shoot to ensure your time is recorded.
After the Race:
- Is there food provided after the race? YES- there will be Bagels, cream cheese, and fruit available to registered runners.
- How will I know if I finished the race and won a prize? Race results and awards will take place at 9:30am after the race. All results from the race committee are final. Race Results will be posted on FaceBook as well as the Website the week after the race. If you think there was an error, notify a Race Offical.
- Do I have to be present at the Awards Ceremony to get my prize? No- any unclaimed prizes will be mailed to the address on file. Race Results will be posted on appleharvesttrailrun.com the day of the race by 5PM. Virtual Race results must be submitted to the race director through the on-line form or by email before race day.
- Will photos of the race be posted on-line? YES, they will be posted on www.facebook.com/AH5KTR/ the week after the race.